Have A Dental Emergency?
Give us call and we will do everything we can to fit you in today!
We hate seeing someone in pain so we always do our best to help with any urgent dental problem. Even if it is just getting you some pain killers and antibiotic to get you through the next few days.
Here are a few urgent situations that may require immediate dental care:
- Toothache: A toothache is one of the most common emergency dental situations we deal with. Often it can be caused by food or debris lodged between two teeth or it may be something more serious. In any case ensure the area around the aching tooth is clean by flossing and then rinsing with warm salt water. Apply ice if there is swelling in your face and take acetaminophen for pain. See a dentist right away.
- Cut or Bitten Tongue, Lip or Cheek: Try to stop any bleeding by applying firm pressure. This pressure should stop any bleeding within 15 minutes. Depending on the severity of the wound you should consider going to a hospital emergency room.
- Knocked Out Permanent Tooth: If you can, insert the tooth back in the socket. If this is not possible put the tooth in water or milk to help preserve it until it can be reinserted. If you are successful reinserting the tooth, keep pressure on it by biting down on a clean gauze. It is important to see a dentist as soon as you possibly can to be able to save the tooth.
- Broken Braces and Wires: If a broken appliance can be removed easily, take it out. If it cannot, cover the sharp or protruding portion with cotton balls, gauze or chewing gum. If a wire is stuck in the gums, cheek or tongue, DO NOT remove it. Go to a dentist immediately. Loose or broken appliances which do not bother you don’t usually require emergency attention.
- Broken Tooth: Clean the area of the broken tooth by rinsing with warm water. Save the portion of the tooth that has broken off. See a dentist as soon as possible.
- Possible Broken Jaw: Keep the jaw stable by using a towel, tie or handkerchief, and then go to the nearest hospital emergency room.